M1 Mac Mini Crash

In the midst of filling out some very important, tedious, and tedious forms online on Safari. My mac mini decided to crash not once, not twice, but 3 times in a row after each startup!! This was the first 2 lines of the report each time. Thoughts?

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xfffffe001f86f338): “busy timeout[0], (60s): ‘AppleAPFSMedia’”
Debugger message: panic

I have not seen something like that happening on my M1 Macbook Air but stuff like that seemed to be happening in recent months for some users and apparently it stopped for all of them eventually:

https://discussions-cn-prz.apple.com/en/thread/253066846

Those users over there think that an OS update fixed the issue. Are there any OS updates available for your Mac? Some of them expect non-Apple kernel extensions to cause the crashes.

Maybe somebody else has more ideas about the issue.

I have panic kernel crashes on the M1 after reboots. Sometimes 3 - 4 times in a row. After that, it is ok and very stable. Still haven’t been able to get a clue from the logs, but keep looking.

I also had crashes after waking up the M1 from sleep, but this could be application related. I run lots of stuff including full-time services on the Mini. I now switch on Amphetamine and allow displays to sleep and that works.

Now reboot (and kernel crash) deliberately once a week and leave it on running all other time.

I also noticed that my M1 Mac has similar panic crashes a couple of times in the last 2-3 weeks. Almost always at night when it was idle. Tried to analyse the crash reports but did not get anywhere.