MacBook Pro always hot :(

BTW friends, I switched to Brave Browser (with all the same extensions) and set tracking, 3rd party cookies and fingerprinting to be blocked aggressively (browser’s feature). I’ve been using it for 2 days now and the temperature is baring going above 40C avg. Earlier used to be 50ish and the frame would be warm-hot. Now its room temperature.

I will still buy TG Pro that @cornchip suggested as I found it to be a great one time purchase, just in case. Will share a long term review of the temperature and app here.

3 Likes

just found out that it is 50% off at the moment, I agree this is great value

Brave rocks. It is such an improvement over Chrome. Your battery life will increase dramatically as well

1 Like

Thanks for the info about TG Pro Had not known about this app. Also curious if anyone has a preference of TG Pro or iStat Menus?

1 Like

+1 for iStat Menus with its broader range of capabilities. But if you’re just looking for temps, both seem acceptable. Both have been recommended and used by folks on this forum.

1 Like

I prefer Turbo Boost Switcher Pro:

automatically disables Turbo Boost when the Mac gets too hot, enables fans, and all-in-all, it brings down the temp of laptop

1 Like

Updating after a week of using Brave (with all the extensions) and the temperature has been < 40C all the time for my usage. This wasn’t the case when I was using Firefox. Leaving this review here in case it helps someone later.

I also think, the search autocompletion is very fast on Brave and my browsing speed is also better.

1 Like

Is this really needed with the “Low Power Mode” in Energy Settings?

yes it still might be useful, I remember the developer testing both Low power mode used with Turbo boost and still seemed to help.

Reporting back after close to 1 year of using Brave. It is superb for my battery life. My mac hasn’t been hot for a while even with intense browsing or loading heavy web pages. Browsing speed in incredible as well!

1 Like