MacOS keyboard system prefs can't be read!

This is something that I’ve begged them to fix for seriously decades and they never do - the system prefs pane can’t be expanded, so I can’t read what these commands do - some of them (like this one) are identical until expanded, which is impossible! Am I missing something?

While it is true that you can’t expand the pane,
you CAN hold your pointer over the text you are
curious about and get an explanatory pop up

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.17.47 PM

Grab the slider between the two panes (i.e. to the left of the red checkmarks) and move it to the left. That will let you see all of the right pane descriptions. Note that sometimes you may, counterintuitively, have to slide it to the right first and shrink the description before pulling it back to the left to expand it.

Thank you both - that works. Still I with they would update these preferences that have been the same for years. Why can’t we increase the size of the window? And why is there no way to see all global shortcuts in use so we can easily diagnose conflicts?

Another prefs pet peeve: in Network prefs - no way to expand size of network list, can’t sort alphabetically, can’t search, so finding networks to clean out or organize is basically impossible.