Mailsuite (especially Mailtags) on OS 12 or 13

Hi everyone!

This is my first post. I’ve searched for an answer in the forums, I found some information but not exactly what I was looking for.

I’ve been using Indev’s Mail plug-ins (now Smallcubed’s Mailsuite) for many years and found them excellent. I especially depend heavily on tags and cannot afford loosing them. That’s one of the reasons why I held back updating my OS, but now I must for other reasons. I would move from OS 11 to either 12 or 13. I have downloaded the new Mailsuite a while ago, but did not want to take risks. What is your experience under these systems? I’m not even necessarily interested in Mojave, High Sierra would probably do.

Thank you so much in advance.

1 Like

Welcome to the MPU forum!

If I understand your question, you want to know whether to upgrade to macOS 10.12 or 10.13?

Given those choices, I would recommend 10.13, because I believe Apple no longer offers even security updates for 10.12.

Personally I had no problems with 10.13 or 10.14, and I suspect that either would be fine.

Thanks! :slight_smile: I hadn’t made up my mind between macOS 12 10.12 and 10.13, but I basically wanted to know if anybody encountered any problems with either and Mailsuite (especially Mailtags). So you’re saying you haven’t lost anything - any tags or messages - moving to these systems? I know 10.11 no longer receives security updates, I was hoping 10.12 still did, since it seemed a less revolutionary upgrade.

I can only speak to my general experience with the versions of macOS.

I don’t use MailTags or Mailsuite, so I can‘t speak to that directly.

Have you gone through the transition where MailTags now syncs to SmallCubed’s servers? I don’t recall how long ago that happened, but some people made a big stink about not wanting to trust their servers. Depending on where you fall on that scale, you might want to check which version implemented it. Personally, I made the transition and have had no problem all the way into Catalina.

Thanks Steve! Good to know. No, I’m still on the Indev version, I haven’t dared made the transition yet, since I know new operating systems always break mail plug-ins. If I understood correctly only tags, not e-mails, are stored on Small Cubed’s servers, so that should be acceptable. I am actually interested in the syncing capability, since it should work on iOS too, can you confirm that?

Are you asking if the tags sync over to iOS? If so, that’s a big nope; they do not.

That’s what they say.

1 Like

I got my hopes up too high! I do like the “send later” feature of MailSuite 2019 though.

I spoke to them since and they say tags in their current form cannot be transferred to iOS since their entire plug-in system is based on Mail app for OS, which makes sense.

There might be interesting developments in the future though.

Thanks for your help!

What type of mail account are you using? I have an o365 Exchange account. The web version of Outlook is the only thing I’ve found that will show the tags on iOS (they map to Exchange/Outlook categories). Oddly, the Outlook iOS app does not display the categories/tags, hence the need for the web version.

Different accounts, including Cloud, but none shows tags on iOS.