Marzipan may get me off my 2011 iMac

My mid-2011 iMac is still going strong after giving an SSD transplant two years ago. Unfortunately, it’s on the deprecated list, and won’t get Mojave.

I was thinking I might be able to last another two years, because most apps will typically support the current MacOS version and at least one previous version. But many modern Mac apps will drop support past that.

But then I realized the feature that may drive me to get a new iMac in Fall of 2019: Marzipan! There are a number of iPad apps that I’d love to have on my Macs, and that may be what does me in.

(Side note: I don’t actually use my iMac that much these days. I also have a 2015 Macbook Pro, and that’s the Mac I usually turn to. But I like having an always on Mac I can reach from anywhere.)

I’m in exactly the same boat as yourself.

I have a mid-2011 27” iMac which is still going strong after a SSD upgrade a few years ago.

I also have a 2013 MacBook Air and a 10.5” iPad Pro.

I use the iPad Pro as almost my main device these days but like yourself love having an always on iMac with it’s big screen to turn to.

Have wanted the 5K iMac since it was released (would be much easier on my aging eyes) and will be eagerly awaiting any upgrade announcements this year and will most likely buy one when the new OS and new Hardware is released.

I think I will be able to hold out until 2019 when Marzipan comes in. There’s nothing in Mojave that I absolutely need on my old iMac.