MindNode + Scribble = Awesome

On a whim I tried using MindNode with the new Scribble feature in iPadOS 14. It needs a little refinement and/or I need more practice but it works well. This is awesome because I brainstorm better using a pencil than typing. I can now do that with MindNode on my iPad. Give it a try.

I recorded a short screen recording, here.

9 Likes

This is great! how did you find the navigation, adding nodes, etc.? Were you doing that with the Apple Pencil as well, or did you have to mode-shift to a finger or the onscreen keyboard?

That is very cool. I think the best I’ve seen so far is the Things implementation of scribble. You can just start writing in empty space and then it creates a new task! MindNode would be even better if you could do that and it creates a new node.

1 Like

I used the Apple Pencil and it works well!

2 Likes

I agree. Hopefully they will move in the direction. Anyone have a connection with the developer to suggest this?

In our next update we will increase the input area a bit to have more space for the Scribble input.

It would be great to also create new nodes using Scribble, but so far we haven’t found a good way to make this work. In apps that have a list, it’s a bit easier to add this interaction as it’s clearer where to add the text.

2 Likes

@MarkusMS Awesome! The quality of your app and your responsiveness is one reason MindNode is one of the few app subscriptions I’m willing to pay. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Love this! Mindnode on iOS need some love for me. Writing in outline on a Mac works better IMO but this one would make me use the iOS version more.

The update I mentioned earlier is now available: https://twitter.com/mindnode/status/1311305824204185600?s=21 For best results I’d recommend to start text editing using a Pencil double tap on the screen as this will increase the text area right away. I hope we can ship more improvements in the coming months…

2 Likes