Missing @KillerWhale

It was a single issue that kept coming up multiple times.

Did we just lose @MacExpert too?

MacExpert posted two hours ago according to the avatar info. What makes you think this?

His latest post made it sound like he’s departing from the community.

which post is it? I cannot find it

oof… it looks like MacExpert just googled a link and posted it and then got scolded for posting an affiliate link. am I reading that right?

Yeah, that’s what it sounds like.

my amazon links automatically contain a donation to a charity, I would not take the time to edit it out either.

To be clear: It was an affiliate link for MacExpert generated himself.

Communities are constantly evolving, some people come and go, and some people return after months or years away.

6 Likes

It’s a stressful time for a lot of people and nerves get frayed much more easily these days; I hope that people come back. I’ve found myself on both sides of these kinds of things recently (not here), and have realized that I have to tone back my own rhetoric a bit. Our (or my) natural tendency is to jump into an argument with a bit more enthusiasm than is strictly necessary :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Indeed. I think it’s also important to remember that people often move on for multiple reasons. All we see is the one thread and the goodbye comment from the member, and wonder how they could take such a drastic action over something so small. But that member had been considering their entire life, as we all do, experiencing the ebb of their hobbies, making new resolutions, and being presented new opportunities that take time. When that member decided they’d read their last forum thread, they’d been working up to that action for awhile. We should strive to be kind and neighborly here, but we only have so much control over each other.

8 Likes

Bullshite………ah, now I feel better….guess I’ll stay…:yum:
(That was my feeble attempt at humor)

1 Like

Yes, I left because people were less than grateful for the free advice I gave…

I was one of those people…:raising_hand_man: In all of the years I’ve come to this forum you’re THE ONLY person who has taken that position. Nobody holding you hostage. Furthermore, you’re posting “advice” using affiliate links. It’s disingenuous at best…. A lot of smart people here who’ve offered excellent perspective and advice over the years. You’re the lone poster implies that you should be compensated. You really don’t see anything wrong with that? Really?!?!

1 Like