Morning Pages - typed or hand-written?

I do have rite in the rain notebooks but actually most of the time the bigger issue is snow or rain or sheep noses (or other body parts) on the android tablet being recognized as touches and sending my program off into the weeds. What newborn lambs do to a graphical UI has to be seen to be believed. I’ve spent many a time after a lambing trying to repair the damage to my sheep database.

3 Likes

I know Apple has put a lot of work into palm rejection. I doubt there’s been much effort on sheep nose rejection though.

4 Likes

I tried typing as I am faster that way. But it just didn’t work. Using a pen and paper just has a different feel. And I am more comfortable confronting ugly thoughts on paper than on an online machine that is connected to internet.

3 Likes

Same here. I have resorted to burning pages sometimes, which can be quite liberating! If you don’t have a fireplace or fire pit, a worry hut is a perfect companion for such moments.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a nice product. I generally shred pages and then mash them after drowning the shreds into water :sweat_smile:

Been there. :joy:

(post needs to be 20 chars)

1 Like

hmm I was told we had to then eat the paper mush :rofl:

2 Likes

Huge fan of morning pages. I’ve tried both typed and handwritten - and for me, handwritten is definitely more effective. It’s almost like handwriting is from the heart and typing is from the brain. Lately I’ve debated hand-written “digital” (Apple Pencil-ipad) versus analog paper. I find there’s still a slight distraction to the iPad-pencil method. The glass and the glare of the screen, the notifications - I don’t know. I just love the physical process and connection to a page of paper. That said - I’m currently researching the Remarkable 2 e-ink tablet which seems to give the benefits of both…interesting concept if you’re an avid note taker and looking at a possible digital solution. Happy Holidays everyone!

1 Like

Tip: you can fill out the 20 characters by putting text into brackets:

'K <extra text not seen> becomes

'K

2 Likes

I have a text substitution called yada that expands to 20 periods, and is shown as three. To wit;

You don’t need the periods if you just use the hidden bracketed text.

Works

Yep, just sharing how I’ve done it.

I’ve been finding that the iPad screen cover that MacSparky recommended makes a huge difference in how the ipad and pencil feel. For me it’s the same as Levenger paper and my normal everyryday gel pens. Not quite up to the level of a nice fountain pen and better paper but it’s growing on me.

4 Likes

: