Mouse vs trackpad

YES! I methodically worked through the Take Control of LaunchBar book. I spent a week focusing on each section so I could just practice the applicable super power. It’s awesome. I’ve set up a bunch of customized search templates to search various websites that I use often.

2 Likes

I am planning on doing this too. Launchbar is the most underrated Mac App ever. It legit has superpowers. I really want to take some time and get familiar with all the features outlined in that book.

2 Likes

I’m trying out an external keyboard - K780 - and mouse - M720 - and I’ve run into a problem…

… In iThoughtsX I don’t know how to pan. Does anyone know how to?

(I looked for something in BetterTouchTool, in case that helped, but I don’t see anything.)

Mouse scroll - for up and down. Shift mouse scroll for left and right.

1 Like

Thank you! Works nicely. Is this standard Mac behaviour?

since you use MM2 and have BTT:

1. how do you find scrolling with 1 finger experience? clunky? often mis-scroll? or naturally fine?
  2. can BTT set MM2 to use 2 finger scroll instead of 1? If so, will it keep the momentum scroll? I’ve read that magicprefs can set the 2 finger scroll, but it loses the momentum.
  3. any inconvenience with MM built-in gestures?

Thanks before :slight_smile:

I’ve been wanting to buy used Magic Mouse, but not sure about the gesture experience. Currently using standard logitech mouse, but I miss the momentum scroll. High-end logitech mouse with Fast Scroll is too expensive for me. Tried Smooze.app but it feels unnatural.

I don’t use my Magic Mouse any more. It aggravates my repetitive strain issues. I’m back to my Logi MX Vertical, which seems to be the least annoying to my wrist/hand.
Sorry I couldn’t help.

2 Likes

I think so…

1 Like

I use my Logitech Mx Master most of the time, but have the Apple Magic Trackpad to the left of my keyboard. Sometimes the swipe gestures are just better (notification center), and sometimes my mouse clicks too loudly (when I’m podcasting or screencasting), so I love having both. Also if my hand aches I’ll switch the trackpad to the right, but that rarely happens with a good mouse.

This, I just demoted my MM2 to my laptop bag for traveling and bought an mx3. I ran the MM2 on max sensitivity and the random scrolls were getting to me. Apart from a few two-finger swipe attempts it’s going well. Combined with my left hand using a Magic Trackpad 2. Left hand getting more use for gestures helps share the load.

The MM2 will live on as a great travel companion.

Hi @MartinPacker :smiley: - Good to see a familiar face/another IBMer. Try the alt hand trackpad setup, it’s the best of all worlds IMHO.

1 Like

I use both the mouse and the trackpad. The trackpad really shines when combined with BTT . Here are a few examples of how I use it -

• 4 F swipe up - Mission Control
  • 4 F Swipe down - Show Desktop
  • 4 F Double Tap - Contextual menu based on App in the foreground
  • 3 F double tap - Toggle Dragon
  • 2 F double tap - Toggle Voice Control
  • 1 F tap top middle - Center window on screen

There are many more. I highly recommend a trackpad + BTT

Regards,
Hiren