Movie lists making and sharing

Our family has begun to make lists of movies we want to watch together. Alongside name of family member, we are capturing:

• Name
  • Year
  • Rotten Tomatoes/Metacritic ratings
  • Webpage link
  • Personal preference rating currently 1-5

Prior to movie watching night, we review movies/tv shows and pitch our favorite. We started each with a notepad then to centralize and avoid duplications we experimented with a shared Google sheets and Apple Notes. AnyList was just suggested to us since it has a simple and solid framework with lots of user custom fields and categories. Syncing via iCloud or Dropbox or Google has become important too!

Other than capturing above data, we’d love to add some basic automation like

• Using share sheet to add weblink
  • Search
  • Data entry form which populates “database”

We’d love to hear what solutions others have created or simple-ish software being used/adapted and related ideas!

Have you considered AirTable? It has forms that can update a database. I am not sure how sharing works with Airtable, though.

2 Likes

I use trakt.tv to keep track of movies and tv shows
https://trakt.tv/

It works for personal and I’m not sure how well it would work with shared but maybe with friends.

1 Like

Just started using My Movies 3 to catalog our DVD/Blu-ray/4K collection. The barcode scanner is really fast so getting your collection into your database is quick. You can also share your collection with friends or family. Also has a function for keeping track of loaned titles. Although I just started using it so far I am really impressed. Their free version is limited to 50 titles so you can check it out. As of today their unlimited version is only $9.99. Very reasonable in my opinion.

My Movies 3