Mr Sparks moved to a laptop?

@MacSparky- I’m one of the recent MPU episodes you mentioned that you bought a MBP 16 to take on the road. That’s a big change from your previous strategy of IPad Pro. Can you share with us what brought about this change? Enquiring minds want to know…

5 Likes

Sure thing @DannyR. I’ll do a post on this at some point at MacSparky. I was too flippant on the show about it. I’ve got some folks writing me hate mail about buying a laptop for going on vacation.

I do a lot of work remotely. Occasionally, I work on some rather large transactional matters and as badly as I want my iPad to be the device for that, when I’m juggling multiple complicated spreadsheets and documents (everything is in the Microsoft Office platform), I am just faster with a laptop.

Looking at that big 16" screen in the store convinced me that having the ability to use a Mac on the road was worth the investment. I still often leave it home but several times a week I do use it, mostly for client work and much more intensely when I travel for work or pleasure. Like I said, I’ll do a better job of this with a post at some point.

5 Likes

Yup. Sometimes ya just gotta do whatcha gotta do.