My new and one MacBook Pro M1

A while ago I heard David Sparks talking about his new MacBook Pro M1. I think he talked about not wanting any bit of old code on this new MacBook Pro which was why he did set it up from scratch. He didn’t describe exactly what he did and I would love to know his procedure. If you’re reading this David: did you really downloaded all software again for installation and only migrated your documents? I think you talked about one afternoon and when I look at my old MacBook Pro I am quite sure I will not be able to manage set up from scratch in one afternoon.
I would love to know the procedure in more detail.
Kind Regards Per

1 Like

My new M1 MBP is arriving in 7 days. Feels like Christmas in spring! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In my experience in an afternoon (full afternoon) you can be 75-85% operative on a new mac, the fine polish coming in a copule of week (using the spare time).

4 Likes

And if you are organised and have a list of apps beforehand, some of that time is spent having a coffee or two whilst things download on the background.

Don’t expect to use your Mac straight away and it is surprisingly ok doing this.

1 Like