My thoughts on Hey.com after using it for a few days

@moderators

I created this topic and is there anyway I can update it. I ask because I indicated that there are No Sent folder in Hey and since the topic was created, Hey has added this feature. I wanted to ensure that its updated to be factually correct.

That is a question for a moderator like Rose.

as far as I understand Discourse Trust Levels only “Leader” level users and mods can edit posts more than 30 days old (leader users are made by mods), so as @lukei4655 said you have to ask them :smile:

Thank you @memex and @lukei4655

Sent them a PM. Lets see what eventuates.

Just following up. Hey fixed long thread loading to load and render a manageable number of older emails at a time. So if you want to see 80 emails ago in a 500 email thread, you just tap “show earlier messages” 4-5 times. This is so much easier to use, especially on mobile, and is making my long newsy threads a pleasure to read again. And without resorting to a nonstandard subject line parsing like Gmail did. :wink:

It’s not such an easy problem to solve. Their support has been really helpful the whole time, suggesting workarounds and advocating to the dev team to try different things based on the feedback they were getting. Even though this took a few months to resolve, I felt listened to and respected the whole time.

3 Likes