Nahumck's Home Office Setup

I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about my home setup. It’s been a long time coming, and several iterations. I wrote about it on my site, if anyone is interested to check it out there, but I thought I’d share it here.

I started with this podcast setup, and at the time wasn’t working from home at all:

Then I got a new drafting desk and changed some things around, adding some foam and other things:

Then my kids started encroaching on the space, and I had to move it to another location in my basement. I was able to attach some things to the wall, get a new monitor, and get a new boom arm. I also put hooks in the ceiling for the sound panels. This picture was the day before I took it down (things were disconnected, so it is in shambles in the photo):

With the walls destroyed behind that setup, I need to 1) cover it and 2) isolate some sounds. I also needed a better desk for work. All the details of that are in my post, but this was the end result:

I have a little more work to do with some other isolation items to reduce echo, but I now have a nice office setup for me to work from home. I’m primarily running iOS-only these days, and this setup is perfect for me. With the addition of what came in iPadOS 13.4, I can use it as a “docked” setup. For me, it’s my ultimate computer. Perfectly fits my needs.

I’m really happy with how this turned out and wanted to share it, just in case anyone needs an idea or two. Cheers!

15 Likes

I commend anyone that can commit to a standing desk as hard core as you have. I’m a wimp and can only handle it for relatively short bursts. Cool setup.

1 Like

Looks great! Thank you for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like