Need a good iOS recipe app to which I can add recipes

Sadly I will likely have to do some soon. Mariner has pretty much abandoned MacGourmet (have not done an update since they purchased it as far as I can tell) and are no longer responding to any of the many users who are crying for help. Must just not be enough profit for them. It still works well if I do not want to sync, but the iOS app is worthless. So many have praised Paprika so might have to give it a go. Still have to find a good wine database as I have lots of wine. MacGourmet does export so perhaps it will export in a format that can be imported by someone else. Appears the switch would cost my $40 but guess it would be worth it if it truly works.

Paprika is great, but I recently switched from it to Crouton, it’s cheaper (always good!), and looks nicer. It also has a hands free cooking mode where you can use your face to control the device.

Hi all, I love Paprika but sometimes use physical recipe books. Any suggestions of OCR to get pictures of recipe text into Paprika?

I am cooking a lot more and managing articles/recipes on the web and constantly creating paper shopping lists is getting tiresome. I need a better way. I also wouldn’t mind having a feature where I could write notes and even include photos.

I was looking at recipe managers and I know Paprika is well know. Found this old thread.

Curious if anyone else is using Crouton or if you have tried both and prefer one over the other.

@RosemaryOrchard - are you still using Crouton? Curious if you have any updated thoughts.

I am currently trying out Grocy but that is a lot more than a recipe tool, and not something I would straight away recommend as a recipe app (if only because it’s not really an app, though there is an app). Crouton or Paprika would be my recommendations, and I do like Crouton.

1 Like