New Apple Watch and Apple TV - what to get?

Thanks Tonny. I have YouSee so its not even an option for me I suppose.

Oh okay, I thought I would be able to pick it up on Monday :grinning:

Thanks for the input on the AppleTV. What do you use an AppleTV for in Denmark?

No, but this way makes no sense. Why you would use the Watch as relay-station?

1 Like

Yes, its “Theater-mode” = display is always dark, you have to touch to light it up. I have my “night-watch-face” to red, so its not so bright.

1 Like

Oh yeah sorry, I didn’t understand fully.

Okay thanks for the info. Good to know that I can get through the night without accidentally seeing what time it is every time I wake up

Maybe the light from the hearth-sensor is too bright for you. But i can only speak for Series 3.

1 Like

How did you guys go about buying your first Apple Watch?

We don’t have any Apple Stores in Denmark where I can try out the Series 4 and order one so I will have to buy it online…

But as it is a wearable, how will I know if it fits me?

Do you have not such chain as Mediamarkt or Saturn (in Germany)? Check Series 3, think with all display and you are fine. But if you buy online you can send the watch back. :wink:

1 Like

Okay, thanks. We do have some stores in Denmark which are Apple retailers. But I don’t know if they have a Series 4 on display yet. I would prefer to know exactly which size to get and which wristband in order to not go through the trouble of shipping back and forth

Usually most electronics stores will have display models you can try on, they often have an “Apple advisor” whose job it is to stay near the Apple section and be an expert on these products (I have a friend who was the Microsoft advisor at once of these stores).

1 Like
  1. Being a cable cutter I first & foremost use the Apple TV for Netflix, HBO, etc.
  2. I also use it with the DR TV app (a government funded national TV service) to watch the news, and occasionally some sort of flow TV.
  3. I live alone so when it’s not in use for my Xbox, or Apple TV, it either displays pictures of my son, one of the new amazing screensavers, or run the TV Aquarium app (sooo kitsch, I know :laughing:)

Afraid not - I’m with their sub-provider Oister and we can’t use it, either :roll_eyes:

I went to Elgiganten and prepaid the watch, since they advertised they only had 4 days of delivery, and Apple - at the time - had 3-4 weeks of delivery. This was on launch day I did this, since then it’s gone from bad to worse - but it’s probably the anticipation of getting the watch that’s talking :rofl:

Just, whatever you do, do NOT buy the watch at Humac - they’ve had more than 10 instances with customers complaining over the past year due to they don’t follow the Apple approved way to handle Watch repairs, switching from faulty to new (and Humac is the ONLY approved Apple retailer, by the way, in Denmark). This concerns both instances in which Apple have approved a non-paid switch as well as Danish law.

I would go with either Elgiganten, or Power. Bilka has also had some “mishaps” the past couple of years.
Anyway, just an advice, of course - hope you get your Apple Watch soon :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Tonny. I will go and find the right size and band for me next week and then probably order it through Apple - I don’t mind the wait that much. A decent and proper return policy is more important to me.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I think, I will finally go ahead and get a watch. As I’ve said earlier in the thread, I’m looking to use the watch all day, also when sleeping and then have it charge in the morning.

I’m going to be using it when going for a run, so I will get the cellular watch. I will also use when doing CrossFit.

Furthermore, I will be using it for sleep tracking.

So I’m interested in learning about what the best watchband is for these use combined use cases?

Mostly i use the Sport Loop (mine is from Bluestein because they have a black/red one) and for more “wet” activities i use the Nike Sport Band.

1 Like

With regards to the controller, it’s perfectly fine but the games available are not.

My kids play it a lot, but the graphics on more intensive games look awful and the frame rate is low. It makes anything 3D quite painful to play.

If you can bear 20fps or less then it may be fun. Personally, it spoils it for me.

1 Like

I just got my first Apple Watch Series 4 (non cellular). Does anyone know which workout in the Workouts app on the watch, or any third-party app, would be best suited for CrossFit?

Does anyone know if the watch track the same information if I put it on the inside of my wrist to protect the glass during a workout?

One sweats a lot during a Crossfit workout or a run. I got the sports band from Apple. Is it advisable to get another band to be used when not doing workouts, but just going about the day? Alternatively, how does one clean the watch band in the best manner?