No code app development

I’m curious about building a prototype native iOS app. I played around with AppMySite.com but it’s a bit limiting in how much you can change the structure. What led me to that was that it ties to a Wordpress backend. It’s not critical that it uses Wordpress but I’m familiar with Wordpress so it was a decent starting point.

The other nice thing about AppMySite.com is that it’s free until you want to distribute it to app stores.

Does anyone know of anything similar? It doesn’t need to tie to WP as long as it’s easy for me to create and store content that the app can pull from. And ideally, it’s free or very inexpensive while I’m prototyping.

Apple Dev Guidelines 4.2 reads, in part:

Your app should include features, content, and UI that elevate it beyond a repackaged website. If your app is not particularly useful, unique, or “app-like,” it doesn’t belong on the App Store. If your App doesn’t provide some sort of lasting entertainment value or adequate utility, it may not be accepted.

And that’s apart from the fact that you’ll have to support whatever you release. :slight_smile: What are you trying to accomplish with your app?

1 Like

It’s not a repackaged website but that’s all I can say at this time.

This actually looks kinda cool. @webwalrus does bring up a good point though: the burden of maintenance. iOS changes every year, and this inevitably requires updates to apps.

Also, AFAIK, the only way to get an app into the App Store is to pay the $99/yr developer fee, and once you stop paying this fee your app will be removed from the App Store

My original post was definitely not clear. I just want to prototype something myself without having to have someone build an app. No doubt, I would have to pay to get it on the App Store but it may not get that far.

1 Like

Actually, that site he’d linked also has an option to have them publish the app for you for an extra fee. No idea how that would work, practically. :slight_smile: