Nominations for March 2022 Software of the Month Club: selection is "Bunch"

not sure this is in line with the Software of the Month theme but it would be really interesting to do a side by side comparison between Alfred and Raycast, people’s preference , etc

7 Likes

I think that’s a great idea for these two apps, or any other apps where there are alternatives to the app under discussion for the month – for example, the Typinator discussion for Feb. 2022 has tip-toed a bit into some other apps. If anyone knows of an existing side-by-side feature comparison for Alfred / Raycast then it would be helpful to post it when either of those comes up in the monthly.

2 Likes

I am really enjoying the “vs” threads
Things 3 vs todoist
Obsidian vs Ulysses.

I really trust the membership here to provide solid, honest and well thought through discussions.

nick

4 Likes

Can we call the side-by-side comparisons SMACKDOWNS?

9 Likes

would Ulysses and Scrivener be a better comparison?

I might vote for this, but there are numerous comparisons on the web and who’s going to compare them both for real, book-length projects? That said I could certainly write a long post (or posts) showing my Scrivener workflow. If someone wants to post a Ulysses workflow for something similar (non-fiction, around 200 pages, output for e-book and print), this could make at least a good side topic if not Software of the Month.

2 Likes

The app I was going to mention goes in the task manager category: GoodTask

Recently switched to it from Todoist and have found it helpful and more powerful than I can figure out how to use so far. Love that it uses Reminders as its backend.

4 Likes

I think the narrow focus and comparative nature would make this a good side topic.

It might well be, but that is the thread I found!

I think these smackdowns as @evanfuchs called them are brilliant

Nick

1 Like

Thank you @ThatNerd. You got my attention now. How would you convert me? Tell me more about Raycast. Demo?

Cheers

Nooooooo. Alfred is the best. :smile:

I know we as a community are going to have Alfred vs Raycast at some point based on the interest, but curious as to what things did you find better in Raycast than Alfred. I’m assuming you have used Alfred for sometime?

Looks like this smackdown / death match has already occurred.

4 Likes

It will be hard to find the nominations intermingled with Alfred vs. others conversation. Would you all mind using the thread that has already been started?

3 Likes

I could be wrong . For me , Raycast seems to have more potential to expand, given it more native connection to other apps with extension. One good integration for me is with Apple Music. I can ‘like’ the song just with a few keystrokes, which I do not think I can do that with Alfred (I could be wrong here)

1 Like

sure, you are right, should have done that

1 Like

Just wanted to bump this.
Only a few days left for nominations and votes!

I, too, would love FastScripts to be the one!

The tally of likes (hearts) for the nominated March 2022 Software of the Month Club selections are:

March 2022 Software App-o’the-Month likes

Bunch: 17 likes
HyperPlan: 13 likes
FastScripts: 9 likes
Raycast: 9 likes
Alfred: 8 likes
Krisp: 2 likes

Looks like Bunch is the selection. I will start a thread on that topic.

1 Like