November 2020 Event Announcement

Urgh, an Apple Silicon Mac Mini - my wallet could be taking a hit that it wasn’t expecting…

yeah, waiting to see if they launch an iMac and/or MacBook Pro

Edit: $699, nice!

The new mini seems to have lost two Thunderbolt ports. :unamused:

@Kraftwerk Didn’t have to wait long there did you?

1 Like

13" MacBook Pro also announced. I wonder what the differentiator is between it and the MacBook Air.

ha, agreed, Pro just announced :smiley:

Touch Bar? :wink:

The fact that it has a fan should give better sustained performance and it sounds like it has better battery life.

Only 2 TB ports though.

Looks like battery, thermal unlocking due to fan, and better microphones are the main advantages of the MacBook Pro over the MacBook Air.

What? I can order today and get them next week?! My bank account may suffer shortly.

New Macs orderable today.

Big Sur Thursday.

Yay!!! The PC guy returns!

2 Likes

I’m a PC haha nice touch

2 Likes

Wow. Short event.

First Apple event with a Marvel-style credits scene. :laughing:

Ooooh that 13’ MBP is NICE.
I kind of was hoping for integrated 4G though. But the performance is so amazing that it might be time to upgrade my old 2016 15’…

1 Like

FIFY…

1 Like

Ahaha
I kind of was worried during the event that at some point someone would mention 5G 5G 5G…

Interesting, according to the Buy 13-inch MacBook Air page the base model Air has a 7-core GPU while the better model has an 8-core GPU.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that a fully decked out Air and a fully decked out Pro are very close in price. Meaning: get the Pro then.

Interestingly, all the new M1 Macs top out with 16GB of memory and 2TB SSD storage. Apple did say the SSDs are twice as fast as the current ones.

I had a “Here’s to the crazy ones” flashback when they showed the B&W creators video.

Looking at my workload, a MacBook Air should be more than sufficient. Since I already have a Thunderbolt 3 docking station, a completely silent workspace would be nice. The specs pages say 1 external display at uptimes to 6K resolution at 60 Hz is supported for the laptops. The Mac Mini supports one such display and a second display up to 4K resolution at 60 Hz connected via HDMI 2.0

Since I use 2 4K monitors at home, maybe the Mac mini is the best option for me, but the silent portability of the MacBook Air is so attractive. I guess I could live with only one external monitor if I had to.

1 Like

Good start. Looking forward to more Ram, better graphics, more storage, and more ports (esp. thunderbolt). But I’m pumped for the change. I’m just not ready to buy…yet.

1 Like