Obsidian Live Preview released to public

https://help.obsidian.md/Live+preview+update

I know where my weekend is going. Bear > Obsidian :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I have been too busy with work recently to post on ’round here. But this feels like a special occasion. Happy Second Brain Level Up Day, everyone! :tada:

1 Like

This has been my preferred feature on Typora. Until now…

1 Like

fantastic. It really does make a difference (to me, at least).

Does anyone know when this trickles out to ipados?

Live Preview in the beta has been quite nice.

@anon20961960 Can you please share a specific guide that you followed?

I use Blue Topaz

Here is an example page from the book I’m working on.

4 Likes

I like the Things theme.

6 Likes

Are obsidian notes searchable via spotlight search on iOS? That’s my most used feature of bear

I didn’t find my notes that way, but wondering if there’s a trick to this

they are indexed by default and show up in the search just like apple notes. native app feature I guess

Ditto that. I love the Things theme.

1 Like

+1 on Things theme. But Minimal is also quite good. EDIT: went back to Minimal. There were some weird interface issues in the Things theme.

I just started using the Ozam’s Image Preview plug in and now am thinking that I don’t really need live preview so much as the ability to see the images. Though Ozam’s doesn’t work on iOS (I believe). Also don’t have Live Preview on iOS yet. Hoping soon.

Does anyone use one folder for everything? My Evernote export is like that and I kinda like it. It does require good [[linking]] and #tagging though. Using quick search and the graph to find things seems easy enough.

I use Red Graphite (Light) which looks a lot like my Bear theme did. If I’m in Marked 2, I use its Bear clone as well.