Obsidian Mobile is letting me down — UPDATE and Correction?

It certainly seems unlikely then the FileOpen DRM would be present (it doesn’t work with PDF Expert as I’ve found out).

1 Like

OMG it’s the PDF to Markdown plug-in! Turned it off, restarted the app and boom, everything visible again.

3 Likes

Yes, everything is working on my end as well, both platforms except for that one PDF. Really strange. :slight_smile:

I wonder……when you saved the file, was it to a cloud location? Maybe something got manked up during the sync process? I’ve had it happen once when saving and moving a file too fast when using OneDrive.

Good thought but our CFO sent it to me. I think he may have scanned it with one of our office copiers, which may have produced an odd file. Thus far, every PDF I test works except that one, even on mobile. For example, the test PDF below worked perfectly on the iPad, where I’m writing this.

So, it looks like I’m good to go! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you open the bad PDF in another app, screen shot it and then add the screenshot to Obsidian?

I’m not sure the PDF is bad after all. Here is a recap:

• That PDF renders perfectly in Obsidian on the MBP
  • It opens perfectly in PDF Expert
  • It does NOT render in Obsidian mobile, but other PDFs render properly on mobile
  • I took a screenshot of the PDF that is not rendering The screenshot renders fine.
  • I have uninstalled any PDF related Obsidian plug-in on both platforms and restarted Obsidian.

Thus far, I’ve found one PDF that will not render on Obsidian mobile but renders fine on the desktop version. All other PDFs and images render properly.

Below are screenshots showing the Obsidian mobile editor and the rendered result.

Note: the first document is the PDF that will not render. The second is the image of that PDF and the third is an entirely different PDF.

Very curious. Sounds like something to report to the Obsidian devs.

I have. …………………………….