Obsidian vs Roam Graphs and other issues

(That’s an aside, but if you do, you should read his OmniFocus book. It’s even better.)

Some of you might be interested in this conversation over on the Drafts forum: Obsidian-like behaviour. In fact one or two of you are probably already there.

In it I posted a Drafts prototype for creating GraphViz diagrams with clickable nodes. It could do with some working on. Interested?

1 Like

I would. Especially if it could serve as a base for tricking DEVONthink into making knowledge graphs as well.

1 Like

As is Workflow Mastery.
It’s very meta and thoughtful about work.

1 Like

My use case of DTTG is almost entirely reading material I have saved as reference. In fact at the moment I can’t even think of a case where I started a note on DTTG or even tried to edit one there. It’s a consumption platform not a generating one for me. As a result I’ve nevert had any problems with it at all once I got the sync working with my own servers.

3 Likes

Come join us then . I’m about to fix the issues I mentioned a couple of hours ago with my code.

1 Like

KD is one how-to author who lives and works in the real world, unlike most. (Present sponsors excepted, of course.)

2 Likes

Yes. This is the reason I stopped reading books by Buddhist monks.

2 Likes

Or the guy who reads a book, then does 5 x 20 minute videos telling us what he read. $40. “Sweet” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

To wit; People who write extensively about note-writing rarely have a serious context of use

8 Likes