Omnifocus 4 testflight and sneak preview

As an OmniFocus 3 user I was gaining the nagging suspicion I was fed up with the design. Sounds like they were, too. :slight_smile:

Signed up for the TestFlight and looking forward to it.

Did you just sign up now? Be patient it would take a while to get invited then, as they’ve only invited those signed up in the first 21 minutes so far.

1 Like

I signed up on 10 May and got my invite this morning (19 May)

1 Like

May 10th is a loooooooong day in OF terms.

On May 13th, 1:41 a.m. invites were send out for signups until May 10th, 10:05 a.m…

On May 13th 7:52 p.m. signups until May 10th, 10:08 a.m. were added.

After four days, on May 17th, 8:08 p.m., signups until May 10th, 10:14 a.m. followed.

And just today (1:50 a.m.) all signups until May 10th, 10:21 a.m., have been invited…

They seem to let in very few persons at a time.

I signed up on May 10th, 8:21 p.m. A loooong way to go. OF 4 might even get released before my Testflight invite shows up (just kidding). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I know. I can wait a bit. And already some fixes have been issued that will fix things I’ll never now see… :slight_smile:

I may have missed it above, though I searched for it. I presume that a v. 4 for the Mac will also be coming out at some point as well?

Yes. Via OmniGroup’s slack channel, Ainsley from the OmniGroup, May 10th:

Yes, the plan at the moment is to release OmniFocus 4 for iPad & iPhone first, followed by OmniFocus 4 for Mac. However, as OmniFocus 4 is a universal purchase, that rollout is likely to look slightly different than it did for OmniFocus 3.

1 Like

I don’t know whether I should wait for Omnifocus 4 or buy Omnifocus 3 right now…

Depending on when it comes out, they usually grandfather in recent purchasers, but I realize that’s a bit of a gamble.

1 Like

I would buy 3 and join the TestFlight right now. But then I’m not risk averse and am enjoying the beta process.

1 Like

K Case has already stated clearly on Twitter that all v3 purchases now will get a free v4 license.

2 Likes

Users who purchased OF3 recently will get a free upgrade to OF4. Not sure what the eligible period is. It I’m going to guess that if you buy it today, it will be eligible for the free upgrade.