OmniFocus License

Do you guys have a traditional license or monthly subscription?

I’ve gone back to OF and never want an excuse to leave again… so is it worth buying a standalone license? I hate the fact you have to purchase the iOS one separately. Apparently OF4 will be just once license.

I have a traditional license. The initial purchase is a bit high, but they’re a lot cheaper than the subscription if you are upgrading your license, getting the discount. My initial purchase was before the subscription option was launched.

4 Likes

I‘m on the „Traditional“ Way.
As the OmniGroup seems not to be releasing a new Major Version every year, the traditional way seems to be cheaper…

2 Likes

I just decided to go back to OF as well. I still have OF2 on the Mac but bought the iOS version of OF3. They confirmed to me that any purchase of OF3 right now will entitle to a free upgrade for OF4, which will be on Mac and iOS in one purchase. So if you can live with the version for only one platform for a while, you will get the cross-platform edition for a fairly good price once it’s published. (I don’t know the pricing for OF4, but I recon it will be higher than the current iOS app alone).

That is an awesome idea… I very rarely use OF on iOS anyway… now you’ve got me thinking…

1 Like