Online meeting with shared screen from an iPad

Tomorrow I’m having an online meeting with a client. We will brainstorm some new functions for a rental system.
I would like to share my iPad screen in this meeting, is that possible…? :thinking:
Ie, we have one Mac each where we will run Google Meet, but I also want to draw my ideas on my iPad, making it visible for him to see.
I haven’t utilised online meetings very much, consider me a noob. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Never used Google Meet, but with Zoom, you can. I discovered at the beginning of the pandemic that I could connect twice, once from my iMac to talk to the students and also connect my iPad, activate screen share, and use it as a live whiteboard.

I believe Zoom has since added a native whiteboard feature, but I had the good sense (read: good fortune!) to stay away from teaching for the rest of the pandemic so I don’t really know.

I would be shocked if Google Meets didn’t have an equivalent feature.

1 Like

Super easy with Zoom. Sign in with your Mac as usual, connect your iPad to the Mac via USB, then do share screen and choose “iPhone/iPad via cable” - it may ask you you to confirm (trust) the wired connection on your iPad, then you’ll be good to go.

In my experience, the wired method is much more reliable than wireless. I suggest you connect and try it before the meeting. It almost always works for me, but I seem to remember having to reboot once or twice over the last couple of years to make it work.

2 Likes

Press and hold the record screen button from the screen you get when you drag from the top right (Control Center). Did this on my phone but I’m confident it’ll be the same on iPad.

You can then use any app to share (this shares your entire screen).

If you can’t see the option you can add it in Settings — Control Center.

2 Likes

This is interesting. But it requires to have the meeting itself from the iPad, right?
I don’t think that’s a problem, just want to know. :slight_smile:

Awesome input, thanks!

I will install zoom on the iPad and have the meeting from there, and share the screen with screen recording.

1 Like

Yes it does, but you can join twice and keep your iPad on mute if you are using a headset or something on your main computer.

1 Like

Oh PS - you need to press and hold the Screen Recording button in Control Center to choose where you want to share to. Otherwise it just records the screen and saves in Photos.

1 Like

@tjluoma has a good process in this thread, which I’ve used with great success.

2 Likes