Overcast on watch on ios12

I gotta say, I’m pretty frustrated by the temperamental synching to the watch. Things have been hit and miss as far as what episodes have synced. It got so bad that nothing seemed to be synching so I turned off both the watch and the iPhone.

That seemed to help a little but there are some episodes/shows that don’t seem to sync even after trying multiple times. There’s no rhyme or reason to what works or not.

I have watched the progress in the Downloads section. I only sync while the watch is on the charger. It just doesn’t make sense.

You all should go check out the update that just hit today. Selective Watch Sync!!! Exactly what I was hoping for!!!

You can easily adjust which podcasts automatically go to the watch either by playlist or by podcast.

3 Likes

All these issues people (including me) are having with Overcast could be fixed simply if Marco would put up a “Good” set of FAQ’s on the overcast.fm website. There really isn’t any real troubleshooting info there. Speaking for myself everything I learned about Overcast was info I found by asking questions over twitter of on this site and waiting for a reply. I am paying for the premium service on Overcast and I shouldn’t have to troll the internet to figure out how to make software I am paying for to work. Marco just needs to take his customer service to the next level.

Agree 100%. I’ve given up trying to sync Overcast with my Watch 4 on WatchOS5. Repeatedly deleted, readded, rebooted, yada yada. Outcast is so much simpler. Far less feature rich (Overcast can’t be beat) but simpler. Select a podcast, send to the watch via wifi, repeat. No need to have the watch on the power dock. Syncs fast and accurately; not the best sound quality; but it works. Otherwise, I’ll put on my buds and listen to Overcast on the phone.

Maybe we can get MacSparky to do an Overcast Field Guide!

Betas say Marco’s working on it. He claims he’s making progress - and I’m inclined to trust him.