Overcast - Searching for specific episodes

Lately, I’ve been wanting to search for more specific episode content instead of just subscribing/listening to new shows. In Overcast you can only search for Shows…not by keywords and episode titles. I emailed Marco regarding this but have yet to receive any word from him. Does anyone have any ways around this?

Do a google search for site:www.relay.fm/mpu/ plus your search term. That’ll search titles and shownotes.

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for but on the overcast web version, you can search for podcasts by title or keyword. I’m not sure how comprehensive the results are. I searched on “Coastal flooding” because I have last week’s Science Friday episode in my list, which included that as a topic, to see if the search just looked at the podcasts I am subscribed to. Nope – it found two other podcasts and did NOT find the Science Friday one. So the behavior might not suit your needs.

As far as I can tell, you are correct that there is no way to search for episodes on the iOS apps.

The way I find episodes is to search podcasts in iTunes, make note of any podcasts of interest, and then go into Overcast and find the podcasts there, and then the episode.

Not ideal, but it works.

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing! I just wish I didn’t have to load up safari to find new content!