Paperless update?

Hi @MacSparky , as I sit here quarantined in a spare bedroom I keep thinking that this would be a wonderful time to review the updated paperless field guide. Big Sur is finally here and the eyes of the world are looking longingly at you, anticipating the date for the official drop. Any news here??
Can’t wait!

1 Like

Based on last week’s episode of More Power Users, it sounded like evacuating for wildfires and subsequently having to send his iMac Pro in for repairs has delayed things a bit.

1 Like

did he ever say what was wrong with his iMac Pro? what kind of issue was it?

Hi Gang,

Something went wrong with the display as my iMac Pro. Thankfully I had AppleCare because they ended replacing the logic board, screen, and power supply. It’s like a new Mac on the inside. Now it’s back and rebuilt.

As to Paperless, I’m finishing up the last few videos. Looks like the final count will be about 90 videos with a runtime of 6:45. I’m hoping to release next week as I get all the final pieces in place.

Soon.

9 Likes

Oh. I can’t wait for it. I’ve been wanting to go paperless for a while and have taken only a few steps. Looking forward to learning more about it. Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

I have AppleCare for mine as well but it’s scheduled to expire in a few months. You’re not the only one I know who has had what sounds like this same failure. Usually I expect a machine that’s been around for a while to continue on without any major issues but I’m wondering now if that’s going to be a bad approach here.

1 Like

I own the first version and I’m so eager to discover the new one :grinning:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Bought right away. Would have jumped back in time to buy it yesterday if that was possible. But it wasn’t out yesterday so there was actually little point. That’s why I didn’t do it. Totally. Yeah.

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this- glad to see it and will certainly buy it.
Congrats Mr Sparky!

2 Likes

@MacSparky I just ordered it as well. I went paperless about 10 years ago but the depth of David’s material will teach me a lot of new tricks. I’m looking forward to going through the course. Congrats David!

1 Like

@MacSparky - Instant buy as well! Can’t wait! With working from home and home learning here for the kids, my wife and I bought a multi-page scanner/printer which is great for printing large documents faster and also has the dual purpose of getting rid of boxes and boxes of papers that we move from our old house to new earlier this year.

instant buy! watched the teaser and very interested.

Thanks Gang!

I should have posted here but I’ve been so quiet lately that I didn’t want to be “that guy” who just shows up to say “buy my stuff”

Either way, I’m really happy how it came together.

8 Likes

I’ve been watching the various videos in the new Paperless update, one thing i was hoping would get covered and I have not sen it yet is automating those PDF invoices and reciepts that come in via email. I used to have this covered for a while with a IfTTT or zap that would watch for certain emails and save the attachment automatically to a dropbox folder Hazel watched and would name and move them to their folders however those actions stopped working with both zap and IfTTT and I have never been able to get up and running again, guessing it is something on the GMAIL side.
I have tried the save attachments feature in Sandbox but that’s a complete cluster as it saves everything creates new folders and files for every sender and I get tons of stuff piled in dropbox I have no use for. I at least at last check saw no options in SaneBox to specify saving from specific senders.
Any help in this area would be appreciated. Thanks