PDF reader on Mac/iOS to use with Devonthink

I just checked in Preview and it does indeed have bookmark capabilities

For me that’s the most natural and low effort way to handle annotating PDFs. I can highlight the passages or sections of insterest, then I add a personal note which are my thoughts, any areas for linking or study later. I then export those annotations as Markdown into Obsidian and can do the linking there.

It is taking a bit to get comfortable with that method vs my old one of taking notes on paper but it is coming together and I like that I don’t have to retype things. I just have to slow down and proof my notes as I go. Scribble works well enough that there is only a little extra effort to get them into a nice neat digital form. Plus, I have the advantage of feeling like I am writing with a pen and paper.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t appear so.

Curious - will LiquidText suffer the same problem? I’m starting work with LiquidText and am considering DT. Trying to figure out which tools rule out other tools.

LT cannot edit files in place. It always import the PDF and converts it to its own database.

1 Like

Ugh. One clever tool down. 600 hundred more to try. Thanks for the quick response.

1 Like