Portending a Major Problem on iPhone 13 Pro Max?

I believe you are better off with an Apple Watch if you just use it for your run. Few thoughts:

1. Get an AppleWatch for your exercise, better than running with iPhone Max. Similar to how you feel the watch is not appropriate for business wear, iPhone is not appropriate for cardio exercises.
  2. Even if the Ultra doesn’t look as good for your office dress code. I’d buy the regular one with Steel or leather band.
  3. My 2 cents about appropriate look for formal dress code. Fitness trackers are new facts, they are not gadgets or funky new devices, they are very important in my opinion to look after yourself. None of the fitness trackers in the market today are targeting formal environments. They all try to do, and they all fail to some degree. I don’t think the answer is not to use them, but try to change how they are perceived. Again my 2 cents, and kind of rant.
  4. I believe, Tim was wearing the Ultra in the 2nd half of the Apple Event with smart casual shirt and pants. You can check how it looked on him.

Thanks for the response. I should have noted that I run with my current Apple Watch (Series 4 stainless). But, because I have not activated cellular, I take my phone in case of an emergency, e.g., a serious fall. I also like to add things to Reminders via Siri when things come to mind when running.

As to the Ultra, I will review the WWCD keynote again to see how the Ultra looks on Tim. I also plan to see one in person when they arrive at the local Apple stores in mid-October.

I suspect you are correct, perceptions have changed and it is unlikely that anyone would think twice if I’m wearing an Ultra unless it is too big for my wrist.

If I get the Ultra, I may bite the bullet and activate cellular.

Thanks again.

Update: here is a screenshot of Tim wearing the Ultra.

1 Like