Purely for longevity - M1 Macbook Air or iPad w/ keyboard?

The quality of Apple’s $80 Smart Cover for the 2020 iPad Pro is also terrible. Mine started separating after about three months. According to posts from those that have contacted Apple, this is considered to be “normal wear”. The Smart Cover on my 2 year old iPad still looks almost new. And it was about 50% the cost.

1 Like

I had similar happen with two Smart Keyboards. I have been pleasantly (and genuinely) surprised that the same has not happened with the Magic Keyboard.

1 Like

Happend to my smart keyboard folio as well. Awesome that we have great consumer protection in Norway and I can get a new one for free when the old one deteriorates for no good reason within 2 years. I’m on my third iPad keyboard…

2 Likes

My Apple Smart keyboard , 1st gen as I got it in 2018. it isn’t dead but it’s flakey where it will disconnect, sometimes while I’m typing!

Cleaning contact points and/or tapping it left/right to line contact points doesn’t work. Basically I keel trying things until I can type again.

It is a few year old, but I’ve never had a Mac laptop keyboard flake out on me. I could just be lucky in that regard.

I’d get the Macbook Air .

My macbook air is 7 years old and still working ok for everyday use, I have changed 3 ipad since 2013. I have a an iPad 2018 w/ keyboard that I being on holidays just in case.

For longevity I’d go with the M1.

1 Like