Real iMessage on Android?

My personal view on this is that Apple knows that this is a status symbol for their brand. (Showing my age) It’s like the gator logo for IZOD back in the 80’s. I’m currently using the S24 and it’s amazing to me how much people shake their head at me because I have “green bubbles” now. Is the experience really degraded from their perspective? Not really. They can text me just as easily as they could before, but it just looks different. Apple could make iMessage for Android, but then you’d lose the ability to tell who’s actually using an iPhone and who isn’t, and I think Apple wants people to know.

Just a theory. :blush::man_shrugging:t2:

Who is going to pay for a message service? And do you really think that Android users are going to pay for iCloud plus?

And again, why would Apple care about the customer experience of non-Apple customers?

Hmmm … non-iMessage users seem to be able to message me and I see those messages in iMessage, albeit with green bubbles. What’s the compatibility issue now?

This makes no sense as iPhone and Android users can text each other without any problems.

1 Like

I get it, but it’s the same thing that they all do. It’s not like Android users can’t communicate with people on iPhones. Again, I’d consider it lock if there weren’t a million other options…

Side note; Google has always touted openness because it was good for their business. The fake benevolence and “don’t be evil” talk is wild…

I don’t like to use a technology that doesn’t allow everyone to participate equally. At best it is rude, and can be bad for business, IMO.

1 Like

I prefer technology that provides a premium experience, avoiding the lowest common denominator, and am willing to pay for such.

To each their own.

1 Like

A messaging app that isn’t very popular outside of the US isn’t as useful to me as it could be. I’m a fan of the ‘premium’ hardware that Apple makes but I don’t rely on any Apple services.

I agree. I’ve always valued function over form. For example, I would prefer a ‘previously owned’ vehicle that can go anywhere to a new luxury automobile.

1 Like

Here in Germany WhatsApp is regrettably the unchallenged messenger of choice. I wish Apple made iMessage for Android. Maybe it could be a good „gateway drug“ to get users into the Apple cosmos :thinking: