Recommend batch photo processing app?

I’m looking for a macOS app that will allow me to process photos in batches. Here’s my wish list:

• I can point it at a folder.
  • It will examine each photo in the folder. If the photo is in portrait mode, it will resize it to dimensions (h x w) that I specify. If it’s in landscape mode, I can specify different dimensions.
  • It will remove all metadata if I specify it.
  • It will convert the files from HEIC format to JPEG if I specify it.

An added bonus would be if I could tell it to rename each file using a numbered pattern I specify like “vacation_nn” where nn = 01, 02, etc. and auto-increments.

Is there an app that will do these things? Thanks and happy holidays to everyone!

Photo Mechanic can definitely do the metadata editing and file renaming. I done;t know whether you can automate the other parts - scripting (which I think you’d need) isn’t my strong point, sorry

I’d look at Retrobatch - https://flyingmeat.com/retrobatch/ - it can take all the actions you describe, but you might (not sure) need something else to filter the files.

2 Likes

Brett Terpstra has this on his website that can do at least some of this. It is actually a Hazel rule but if you don’t use Hazel you could convert it to a command line script. You would need to install ImageMagick using HomeBrew or MacPorts.