Recommendations for a mechanical keyboard?

That’s a good looking keyboard. My Varmilo VA87M Mac White keyboard is on the shelf for the moment as I have a hard time tearing myself away from the well-integrated keyboard of my M1 MacBook Air!

wtf is that on upper right? A joystick?

It’s a Programmable Knob –

Designed to enhance your creative workflow, the aluminum rotary encoder allows you easily customize the knob to your desired key or macro commands like zooming in/out, adjusting screen brightness, brush size, volume, selecting video clips or photos, or backlight hue.

2 Likes

It seems well-integrated enough. I haven’t encountered major annoyances for now. The function key doesn’t behave like the Globe key on my MacBook Air, but there’s probably a way to replicate it somehow.

I would have preferred a proper French Canadian ISO layout, but it’s not a huge deal. (BTW, I believe Apple is one of the rare companies who offer that layout as an option. Other companies like Dell or HP only offer standard ANSI keyboards, but with French accents on them.)

1 Like

I agree with you. No argument here. If my MBA’s built-in keyboard broke in some way, I would happily switch back to my mechanical keyboard. But since getting my M1 MacBook Air, I so love having an all-in-one device with nothing extra to charge or connect via cable or Bluetooth that, at least for the moment, my beautiful Varmilo is on the shelf. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like