Reeder 5 - Annoying behaviours

Well after all of the positive things I’d heard about Reeder 5, I decided to give it a whirl and was pretty underwhelmed.

Bare in mind that I’m comparing it with Fiery Feeds and before that my beloved Mr Reader.

It’s OK as an app. I tried it with iCloud syncing but two things have annoyed me massively, so I’m reaching out to the MPU community to see if I’ve simply missed something.

1. Ordering of articles. As standard they are presented newest first, but I like oldest first, so I changed the setting and nothing happened. Still getting newest first
  2. There doesn’t seem to be a way that when (in the article view) I scroll, anything which scrolls off the top of the screen is marked as read. Several of the feeds I check are firehouses, so I scroll through and if I don’t get to the bottom it doesn’t matter as those articles I’ve scrolled past are marked read.

These two things will stop me using it, per my preference, so any help would be appreciated.

I think you missed both options.
Mark as read on scroll is in the account settings while sort order is in the general settings.

Thanks @MarcMagn1

Mark as read on Scroll is sorted now (don’t understand why that’s in a different place.)

Oldest first is set in General, but as you can see below, it’s still showing the newest article first.

Looks like you’re in a folder, tap the three dots and check the ordering setting there :upside_down_face:
You’re in the “all” view too, might be a specific setting for that too

Edit: looks like that the “all” view does not hav an order setting, that you get only in the “unread” view

Unread:

All:

1 Like

iCloud doesn’t have an unread section, but I’ve changed it in the other places you’ve described @memex and it’s still newest first.

Most disappointing of all, I’ve had no response from Support. :frowning:

Oh well they’ve had my £5 and I’ll be abandoning Reeder back to Fiery Feeds.

The unread section is the “dot” on the left of “all” at the bottom of the screen in the screenshot you posted above

2 Likes