Remove Script from MacOS

I installed a script a while ago that would turn off my wifi when my ethernet was plugged in and turn it back on when it was unplugged. The script doesn’t work anymore and it just keeps turning my wifi on when I don’t want it on. I can’t figure out how to find it and uninstall it!!! Help.

Trying opening Script Editor and see if it shows up in “Open Recent” in the File menu.

Is this a launchd script? If so, check ~/Library/LaunchAgents where ~ is your home directory.

Note that to properly remove one of these, you either need to:

1. Unload it and then move it out of the ~/Library/LaunchAgents folder (OR)

2. Move it out of the ~/Library/LaunchAgents folder and reboot.

Unloading it requires entering a command in Terminal

launchctl unload ~/Library/LaunchAgents/some.name.here.plist

Replace some.name.here.plist with the actual filename of the one you want to disable.

BTW KnockKnock is a handy, free app for finding what apps and scripts are installed on your Mac:

thanks! KnockKnock is cool. Unfortunately it didn’t find what I’m looking for.

Ok…I found the email, after trying a combination of keywords in gmail, and it’s from grivet-tools.com which is no longer up. The download looks like it was called grivettools-wirelessonoff.pkg. Any thoughts on how to find this little bugger? KnockKnock can’t find it. A simple search in finder doesn’t find anything.

this site has the original code of the script, https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/18533/get-ethernet-ip-address-need-scripting-help. Several replies down it has a script that says “original from…” with the site I got it from.

Looks like those are all LaunchAgents or LaunchDaemons, so look in these directories:

1. ~/Library/LaunchAgents
  2. /Library/LaunchAgents
  3. /Library/LaunchDaemons