Save App Store Icon?

I have a shortcut for iOS to allow me to save app store icons.
Is there a way to do this on mac?

Your shortcut can also download Mac App Store icons - just change the store it searches!

On the Mac the easiest way though is to find the app in Finder, inspect it, click the icon and copy it. Then in Preview you can create a new document from your clipboard which contains the icon in various resolutions - these can then be exported as PNG.

1 Like

Thank you @RosemaryOrchard !

P.S. your blog post of your recommendations inspired me to create me own. I used the default table in wordpress, still working out the kinks in it. Your table/post displays super nice on an iPhone!

Rosemary is right about the easiest way to get a Mac app’s icon if you have it installed… but what if you don’t?

If the app is in the Mac App Store, there‘s a fairly easy way to get it from the web page.

1. If you have not already done so, turn on the “Show Develop menu in menu bar” option in Safari:

1. Go to the URL for a Mac App Store app, such as https://apps.apple.com/us/app/front-and-center/id1493996622?ls=1&mt=12

(This will open the Mac App Store app, which you can close/ignore.)

You’ll see the Mac app‘s icon right there, but if you try to click on it to save the image, you can‘t.

1. Go to the “Develop” menu and select “Disable Styles”.

This will remove all of the CSS from the page. It will look terrible, but you can right-click on the image and save it. Then uncheck the “Disable Styles” option to make the page look normal again.

FWIW.

1 Like