Save the environment, less packaging?

external-content.duckduckgo.com

1 Like

I have, but it was silicone caulk not consumer electronics and it’s kind of cheating because I was working at the plant at the time.

1 Like

Our local recycling facility (which is also our landfill) just throws glass on their internal roads to use the same as gravel.

1 Like

It’s all relative though. For all we know, the packaging Apple is using now has substantially reduced the cost, energy requirements, etc., compared to what they used previously. Don’t forget also, the packaging and presentation is part of the Apple experience when you get a new devices. I’m sure Apple is trying to strike a balance between these competing factors.

1 Like

Wow, this gives a whole new meaning to the phrase crawling over broken glass… :grinning:

Interesting. In my country, recycling is mandated by federal law, companies (over 100 employees or other metrics) are required to have a “waste officer” (I did the qualification course out of interest),… That’s probably why our recycling rates are so much higher.

The “county” is not the “country” – a large number of jurisdictions in U.S. and Canada require recycling.

1 Like

I know. But since (with us) the country mandates, every county is obliged. That’s what I found interesting. “My county doesn’t…” In my country, the county doesn’t have the choice to participate or not. That#s why I stated that recycling is regulated by federal law, so states/counties can only add legislation that improves the standard set by federal regulations, which are already very strict.