ScanSnap Home: specific functionality question

I know there are other threads about ScanSnap Home. They tend to be more general “does it work?” issues. I have a specific question (although I will say that for me it’s ugly and clunky and breaks my workflow but all the main features work for me as they did before with my ix500).

Here’s the thing. I don’t care about the Home window, which offers me nothing practical since I use other software to manage my documents. I only care about the Scan window. But as far as I can tell, every time I press the Scan button, it goes away, and I have to go to the Home window and press “Scan” there to get the Scan window to come back.

Is there a way I’m missing to make the Scan window persistent? Or to make it come back when the Scan button is available again?

There doesn’t seem to be a way, short of replacing the ix500 with the new ix5000 which has the Scan menu on its front panel.

On the bright side, at least for the way I use it, I’m almost always using the “Auto” scan so now I can just press the button on the scanner without having to open the scanner window. I alway run “Verify and Save” at the end to get the dialog back to view the scans before saving.

1 Like