Screenflow trial and watermark

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the watermark in the trial version of SF is removed when you purchase the software? I currently have version 6 and I plan to upgrade to 8 (with the image library) but I can’t do it right now. The problem is that I have to make some screencasts for the start of the semester here at the end of August. I am just trying to decide if I should just use version 6 or use version 8 with the relief that the watermark will be removed once I purchase in September.
Thank you
Hank

I can confirm that the watermark will be removed once you’ve purchased ScreenFlow 8.

It won’t remove it from any files you’ve already exported, but new ones will not have the watermark.

Thank you to you both!
Quick question (might be silly): students doesn’t need to have screenflow to watch the screens cast in he native file format. In other words, I don’t have to export the file for someone to watch it. Or do I?
Hank

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

Quick question (might be silly): students doesn’t need to have screenflow to watch the screens cast in he native file format. In other words, I don’t have to export the file for someone to watch it. Or do I?

You wouldn’t normally share the ScreenFlow file (unless someone else is going to be editing the document). ScreenFlow projects are typically exported to MP4 for sharing. If you’re using the trial version this exported file will have a watermark. If you’ve registered the app the watermark won’t appear.