Script for working with Ecamm Call Recorder Files

I heard Marco Arment talking about a script to do what I went to do with Ecamm Skype Call Recorder recordings. They record in a special .callrecorder package, but inside is a video file and two audio files (all .mov). I need the two audio files to be merged into one with the video file and exported as a single .mp4. Possible?

I’m sure it’s something that FFmpeg can do, but I’m not enough of a wizard to be able to figure out the correct incantation. I always end up googling and piecing something together.

Have you tried the Ecamm Movie Tools app that comes with Call Recorder? I would assume it has an export option to do what you want, but I don’t have any video calls recorded to test.

I might also try try Permute especially if you already have Setapp subscription.

yes, I use the movie tools app now, but I’m looking for something automated

Any script experts willing to take a job to do this? I want to run inside Hazel. I’ll pay! :slight_smile:

Well, I was hoping someone else would step up with expertise, but I’m willing to give it a shot and see if I can figure it out.

Send me some test files by uploading them here: https://luo.ma/upload or send me a Dropbox link.

files uploaded, thanks!