Searching Launchbar for files with dates and numbers in filenames?

I’m trying out Launchbar (I’ve been on Alfred for years, and I wanted to try something a little different), but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to search for files by filename.

In Alfred, I could hit the spacebar, and that would let me search by filename, but I can’t find a similar option here.

Any help or guidance?

Once you hit your trigger key, you can just start typing. That will show you everything - files, folders, apps - with the characters you typed. I’m not sure if you can limit a search to just files or not.

That’s what I thought, and it’s something I love about Alfred. I think everything is indexed here in Launchbar, but I’m not positive.

But if I’ve got a filename like “Christmas”, it’s hard to narrow that down with a search for specific documents or files with that name. I didn’t see that LB can tie in with houdahspot, but I don’t know if I want another app to plug in to it.

well that’s not the default behaviour of LB: if you want to index something you have to create an indexing rule for it.

https://www.obdev.at/resources/launchbar/help/WorkingWithFiles.html#search-by-name