Sending Day One Recordings to Voice Memo

Hi guys. One of my frustrations with ‘Day One’ has been the lack of variable speed playback on voice recordings. I make a number of voice recordings and often feel I don’t have the time to listen to my own voice at normal speed and would love the opportunity to go quicker.

One of the ways that I found around this in recent memory was to send my recordings to voice memo from my iPhone via the share sheet. Historically I’ve seen no problem with this, however, in trying to do so today I noticed that voice memo is no longer an option… Which is frustrating, to say the least.

I have checked and voice memo is still an active app on my phone so I am at a loss as to why I can no longer select it as an option.

The strange thing here is that this is not the case for ALL recordings. I checked and CAN actually send other recordings to Voice Memo via the share sheet in the same manner I’ve described above. It appears that I just can’t send this particular recording (so far without checking all of them).

I have done the usual troubleshooting including resetting my phone in the hopes that this would resolve it but it hasn’t.

Does anybody know what’s going on here or can they give any advice?

Thanks in advance.