Shortcut Help with date format

I know this is incredibly simple, so simple that even a caveman could do it (with all due respect to cavemen everywhere!) but for the life of me, I can’t figure this out.

I found a Shortcut I want to use with Apple Notes. It’s very simple, create a new note with the current date in my Journal folder.

The problem is that as I have tested this several all times the date format right, the note is created and the date format is correct. BUT, every time I run the Shortcut today to test it, it adds a month to the date format. As you can see I’m up to the “17th” month. :blush:

What in the world am I doing wrong?

The date format needs to be yyyy-M-d.

Checking Apple’s documentation, you can see the the lowercase m is for minutes, while the uppercase M is for month. Therefore, you need to use the uppercase M.

1 Like

@jec0047 is correct. And the reason your “month” keeps increasing is that “m” is minutes. See this page for all the formatting codes.

I’ve updated my profile pic. :rofl:

th-1807171224

Seriously, sorry to have asked such a dumb question but I appreciate the help!

3 Likes

Why do you have a pic of my Ancestor…?!

1 Like

… and of the rest of us! My guess is that no one will offer me a coding internship. :grin:

2 Likes

I grew up, in the vicinity of where this guy lived, so… :grinning:

3 Likes

@Bmosbacker don’t think this guy gave anything to know what month it is… Sun up / Sun down was all that mattered…

1 Like