Should Apple provide News + Free during the COVID-19 Crisis?

That was my experience, an ever increasing subscription cost (seemed about $50 a year each year over a number of years) and then difficulty cancelling. They wouldn’t refund the remainder of my subscription (contrary to their published policy). Very happy with WSJ within News+. Not happy at all with News+ for magazines that haven’t gotten with the program and just present an awkward to navigate PDF. Partially Apples fault as well. Why does one use ⌘[ and ⌘] to go from page to page instead of the arrows and no ability to use the mouse!

Oh I completely agree about that! It’s impossible or at least very annoying to read some of those magazines on the iPhone. Much better in full-screen on my 5k iMac. And one (of several) reasons I’ve been waiting impatiently for the new iPad Pros to come out, as I’m currently iPadless.

I think the best thing Apple can do is make sure the best reporting is in standard News in the Today section. Room to debate to what extent, but the top stories today are objective, significant headlines from a variety of major sources. They should be showing this kind of thing to most people. News+ should not be changing that, just providing more, deeper reading on the same national and international subjects.

Today’s Today view for reference:

Flipboard never worked as well as Zite in my opinion, so yeah Google had everything to do with it

So any time some company can’t compete online “Google had everything do do with it”? Sounds dubious.

The narrative you carry is not mine. I am not here to fight nor argue.

Of course. Can only speak for my realm.