Sick of macOS Catalina updates

I avoided the macOS Catalina drama by staying with Mojave. The initial reason was incompatibility with ScanSnap Manager for my S1500M scanner.

Despite Fujitsu’s subsequent release of a 64-bit version of ScanSnap Manager, I see no compelling reason to “upgrade” to Catalina. I will probably wait for the third or fourth “point release” of Big Sur.

1 Like

Same here.

Except I’m on track to get a new iMac at the end of this year (unless I’m somehow swayed by promises of an upcoming ARM-based machine - either way I’ll be funneled into the new OS.

Same thing happened last time - I had stayed on Sierra or El Capitan with my previous machine and had no choice but to use High Sierra which came with my new iMac.

Of course these things are annoying if you are right in the middle of something. But in my case I usually find the right moment to do this and then sit back and enjoy that my Mac is updating itself while I can just take a break from work.

I like Eddie Izzard’s take on this (a big Mac fan). He said he loves to sit and watch the slow progress bar and know that all is good in the world as his Mac quietly and happily updates itself.