Sign in with Apple Plugin [ADDED]

This plugin is a blessing. It might be built into Discourse soon, but can we have it installed right now? For mostly obvious reasons, it seems like a huge necessity for this forum, at least to me. :sweat_smile:

Yes! You have my vote!

Thank you! :grinning:

Weā€™ll look into it. Thanks yā€™all.

1 Like

No problem @ismh! :heart:

It looks like the plugin will be included in the next version of Discourse, but I cannot be bothered to wait that long!

As I understand, three feature requires a paid developer account.

I assume that they have a developer account, right?

all good until they get into any sort of legal dispute with Apple. After the Epic Games fiasco I stopped using Sign in with Apple anywhere. Iā€™m locked in enough as it is!

Why would that ever happen?

why does any legal dispute happen? I mentioned Epic Games. Did anyone see that war coming?

I also mentioned being locked in. Thatā€™s a bigger issue tbh.

ā€˜Sign in with Appleā€™ is basically giving Apple the key to every app/service on your phone. And giving that key to Apple is going to make leaving them near impossible."

Why would Discourse sue Apple? I donā€™t get what youā€™re trying to say.

This is nothing new. If youā€™re a member of this forum, youā€™re likely enveloped in the Apple ecosystem.

Also, other SSO providers are no exception.

well, it is a good practice not to keep all your eggs in one basket. In particular with regard of loginsā€¦

You can be well enveloped in Appleā€™s hardware / software ecosystem and still it is good practice to get other services outside Apple

This reasoning is applicable to a lot of other companies, in the tech world or notā€¦

1 Like

Okay, but I donā€™t get why thatā€™s a good reason to not add Sign in with Apple support for this forum.

I suspect that @dixonge comment was intended in a broader scope than this specific forum, but Iā€™m not in his mind, so :wink:

1 Like

Weā€™re looking into implementing this. Thanks yall.

1 Like

Oh, that makes sense. I donā€™t get what it has to do with implementing Sign in with Apple in this specific forum though. This forum is for discussion heavily related to Apple, so I donā€™t see why adding Sign in with Apple would be a bad thing. Regardless, Iā€™m glad that you were able to clear things up. :slight_smile:

That is great news! Iā€™m really excited, although thatā€™s been the case since December. :sweat_smile:

well the holidays were bonkers so weā€™re really totes looking into doing it now

Ah, okay. That just makes me even more excited! :smiley:

I can see why the forum was down for maintenance now. It was well worth it. :upside_down_face:
Sign in with Apple
Thank you guys so much! You may lock this topic now.