Siri Shortcut - run in background or triggered by time?

I’m in David’s SS field guide, and I’m trying to set up my dream Siri Shortcut, but I fear I’m still missing something:

There are a number of locations where the office wifi signal is bad enough to not work, but not bad enough to drop off and revert to LTE. So I turn off my wifi - and then forget to turn it back on.

I’m trying to write a SS to turn off wifi, wait fifteen minutes, and then automatically turn it back on. And I have successfully written that shortcut - but it only works if the shortcut stays in the foreground while running, defeating the purpose.

Is there a way to have a shortcut run in the background (while doing other things)? Assuming not, any clever ways to automatically trigger a Siri Shortcut based on time (and maybe I could build in that trigger based on the running of a first shortcut and some time math)?

Thanks!

There’s not currently any native way to schedule a shortcut to run on a schedule. I know some folks have set up Launch Center Pro to give them a notification at a certain time that they can tap to launch the work flow (still requires manual intervention to launch the shortcut, but you get prompted for it rather than having to remember.

2 Likes

I’m one of those people, I also use the location triggers to get prompted to run actions which is very handy.

1 Like

I got into Launcher because of you guys. :slight_smile: Can you Siri shortcuts to set up a Launch Center Pro time based notification? If so, that could be a workaround.