Slow swipes between Spaces

Has anyone seen this issue, or know where to start troubleshooting?

I have an issue with my 2017 MacBook Pro 15 inch where swiping with the trackpad between Spaces gets progressively slower as time passes from the last reboot. I’ve found some talk online about killing animations to speed swipe animations, but my issue doesn’t seem to be related to an animation - the delay is before the animation even starts. I swipe, and sometimes wait a second or two before anything even happens. (And even if it is an animation, swiping without them feels really weird). A reboot always cures it for a period of time. I do not have this issue on my 2015 iMac.

I have the same exact issue with my late 2013 MacBook Pro! I was thinking of posting this question but you beat me to it!

1 Like

I have been having the same issue, amongst many with a 2015 MacBook Pro. My CPU temp is good, but Kernel Task is pegged at 500+% ALL the time and the fan runs ALL the time. Machine is extremely slow to the point where it is almost unusable. Have naked and rebuilt it several times and issues remain. Took it the Apple store and they tested and said my battery was 81% of factory and that was the reason. I am finding that hard to believe. Usually I would take their word for it and spend the $300 quoted to replace the battery as I believe the machine has a great deal of life left, ordered it with 16gb or ram. But I am thinking it might be the logic board.

Timing of refreshed MacBook Pro’s was fortuitous, new one arrives end of week.

If anyone has suggestions I am open, would like to have the extra machine around the house.

Yikes. That sounds awful. Your problem sounds like it might be different than mine. Aside from the slow swiping (or slow switching even with Ctrl-arrow), my MacBook Pro runs fine.

My MacBook Pro is totally fine as well other than this problem. Just curious when your swiping problem started. Mine started a couple of months ago. I wonder if it was an update that did it.

I’m not exactly sure, but that sounds about right. I don’t remember it always being a problem.

Just saw this in my App Store updates:

35%20AM

I’ve installed the update, and so far my swipes seem fast. Fingers crossed that it continues.

Oh wow!!! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully that will fix my problem as well.