State of Apple Support

You know, they don’t keep notes which wastes a lot of time. I don’t know about the supervisors but the regular staff either doesn’t or they have the option not to.

Apple Support Advisors CAN and SHOULD take notes… it is part of their job!

I speak from past experience of performing that role in 2020.

However… the Hamsters moving the wheels that run that system sometimes fall off the wheel bringing everything to a grinding halt. When that happens the notes might be lost. This may affect multiple Advisors at that moment. There are between 5,000-10,000 Advisors working during a normal shift worldwide.

Some Advisors are great at having a conversation, troubleshooting and taking notes all at once. Some can do 2 out of 3 things together and some have a single focus mindset. Once a call is concluded, the Advisor has 3 minutes to finish up any required notes before the next call rings in. It can be a very stressful job since they want the Advisor to average 6-10 calls per hour. Sometimes I would try to get back to a case and update/create the notes. I found the job frustrating on the whole and was more than happy to return to my former Apple Store when they re-opened.

Every call is recorded for Managers to review with the Advisors, but none of the calls are transposed to text and added to case notes AFAIK. I think Legal wants to know what was said to protect the company.

Could Apple Support be better? Yes, for both the customer and advisor.
Could Apple Support NOT make every person happy? Yes indeed.
Will some people never be happy without Instant Gratification? I believe we already know that answer…

1 Like

All of my senior advisors have taken notes and all of them have, when taking over, read them. Some better than others, but the info has been there. The problem is with the bold words of this post.

The crux seems to be this: if Apple don’t want to give you an answer, there is literally nothing you can do. Heck, even if they DO give you an answer like “it will be fixed in a future release” they not only cannot tell you which release that will be (fair enough) but explain they will not be able to tell you WHEN IT HAS BEEN RELEASED.

I’ve asked this elsewhere… if anyone lives in the Bay Area would be willing to pelt pebbles at Tim’s windows, please let me know. As much as I entertain the idea of giving up iCloud, it’s not easy. Some apps use it as a syncing mechanism and if that doesn’t work, well you have to change to a different app.

Not to mention I pay for Apple One for the other services so I get it anyway and would feel it wasted if I don’t use it. Particularly as I am thinking of going for the Premier plan (now that it’s available in New Zealand) to get Fitness+. 2TB sitting there doing nothing? Ugh.

Yeah, nothing surprising there but nice to have it spelt out. In the case I mention here I am pretty sure that the support person tried to pre-empt the ‘feedback’ email. That was a step beyond in my view. Whatever it didn’t work and they got the one star feedback. I did have at one time an Advisor that gave me his direct contact number. As you say, there are issues on the other side too. Frankly I had advised my wife not to interfere with the ‘machine’ on an issue. Sometimes contacting help lines and so on just creates crossed wires and confusion.
Still the move from bricks and mortar hasn’t been the Nirvana some thought it would be! Stay well and safe in the Store.

I’ve been using the ability to PM the Apple Support account on Twitter for years. This has been my go to whenever there was an issue that I wouldn’t want to bother this excellent community with.

BUT, Apple Support left Twitter and this option is no longer available, sadly. Instead, one is encouraged to contact them via iMessage, but my region is apparently not supported by Apple Support so I’m now left with really no opportunities, instead of calling my local Apple Support within opening hours and have the doubtful pleasure of being met with 1st tier customer support EVERY TIME :sob:

Does anyone know of any other social media platforms where it’s possible to reach English-speaking Apple Support?

I just DM’ed the Apple Support account on Twitter and got an auto-reply. They also have an app for support. But the Twitter account is there and active.

This is the reply I got:

“ It sounds like you’re having an issue with your iPhone. We can help, but to provide the best support we’d like to continue this conversation in another support channel.

If you’re using an Apple device, you can chat with us right in Messages. Just tap this link, describe your issue, and we’ll connect you to an Apple Advisor who can help: Help

For non-apple devices, or if Message Apple isn’t available in your region, use the link below, and we’ll help you find the best support option.

http://apple.co/iPhoneSupport”

I was merely responding to whether or not Apple still had a support account on Twitter. I was not commenting on the level of support. Frankly, I’m surprised they ever gave detailed support via Twitter DM’s - it’s just not set up for ticket tracking at all…

Are you able to use the support app?

1 Like

I really liked the Twitter DM. They probably have a system on their end which feeds the DMs into their support system. I we always found really helpful that I could just contact them there. I just tried DM’ing them again, but I do t think I will get a reply anymore.

I never really used the Apple Support app. And as far as I can see in my region, it has only the ability to call by phone in order to contact support.

So it seems to me the only way in my region now (Denmark) is to call local Apple support within office hours and then fight my way through 1st tier costumer service